Financial update & a GREAT IDEA!!

So, I have been asked if I have insurance and why (if I do) it isn’t paying my medical bills. I DO have insurance. Since I have never needed to use insurance (I am on no medications, no health issues, etc) I chose to go with the High Deductible Health Savings Account. That means that Cigna (my provider) does not pay ANYTHING until I hit my yearly deductible of $2100. At that point, they will start kicking in 80% and I pay 20% instead of 100%. When I hit my yearly “Out of Pocket” maximum of $5200, they will cover everything at 100%. Since I figure the only reason I would ever need to use it would be “catastrophic”, that makes sense. What I did not take into account was getting a cancer diagnosis the last 3 weeks of 2018 and then starting all over with all the costs associated with that in 2019. So far, this is where I stand:
__________________2019..............................2018
Total Billed..............$3,883.60...............$3,020.20
Total that my Plan Paid.......$0.00.................$447.89 (Mammograms covered 100%)
Total I actually owe......$1,623.46........+......$1,518.90....=...................$3142.36

So, from 12/12/18 to the day before surgery I actually owe $3,142.36. The difference between Billed & Owed is because Drs adjust bills per their agreements with Cigna. On the bright side, for 2019 I am only $465.61 away from meeting the $2100 deductible and Cigna will start kicking in. And that will be my surgery bill. So yes, when asked by my Scentsy Consultant Alivia Reno if I was okay with her starting a fundraiser for my medical bills using a product I already use and LOVE, I agreed. GO HERE to order Scentsy products from Alivia Reno and support me in the process. They have a wide arrange of awesomely scented products & warmers, Disney-themed items, laundry cleaners and dryer scents, fabric softeners, even a bath & skin care line, items for kids, and lots of great gift ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't