And... 9 weeks later... SHEESH!

Since my last blog post (10.17) I have been on short-term disability to get my arm fixed. The surgery was initially scheduled for October 20th but I got bumped during the pre-op appointment on the 18th. Seems that the combined time for the 4 surgeries was not going to fit in the allotted slot for the 20th so my surgery was actually first thing Monday, October 24th. Random note here: surgery was 12 years and a day after the accident that set this whole mess in motion to begin with. I returned to work on December 15th.

Also in that time span, a friend has come to stay with us. He landed at Thanksgiving. We are putting in a "Tiny Barn" for him to stay in. A process, but is is happening. Got it built on site and have now gotten most of it insulated. When that is finished we will put up walls and let him get moved in. For now, he is staying in Harley's room. Harley seems to like the company. 

I decided to do my annual "Deep Practice" with a like-minded soul this year. For those who do not follow the "Wheel of the Year", Deep runs from Samhain to Imbolc (13 weeks). It is the practice of turning inward and doing self/shadow work in preparation of coming back into the world at the Spring Equinox. It has been a good thing for us both, I think. And it is nice to share the experiences and insights we glean from our daily practice when we meet once a week. 


Ten days left in the year so I am looking at setting goals for 2023. I looked at last year's blog post, and this is what I found:: 
The time between Samhain and Imbolc is the “deep” time is, a turning inward. It involves diving into what shapes my thoughts, emotions, and behaviors… the “why” behind what I do. Knowing more about my drive, or reasons, and then sitting with my desires, hopes and dreams helps me to decide what I want to let go of, keep and create. I am currently working on setting my 5 goals for 2022. 

There will not be 5 goals this year. One of the things I have learned this year is to allow time to be in the moments in between the doings.  This year I will be going with a "Mind Body Spirit" approach and setting one goal for each aspect. I am thinking of making cute planner pages, one for each month, to keep track of them. Mind will be Mindfulness of some form, Body will be to get healthier, and Spirit will be to continue my intentional Pagan practice.

Anyways, there is a lengthy hard freeze warning starting late tomorrow and I must go help prepare.

As always, 

Chaotic blessings to you, my friends!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't