October looms!

I love this time of year.... the football games at the school have started back up, people are grilling and burning firewood, the mornings are crisper, the AC is off and the windows are OPEN!! And October is when we take our "big trip". It is an even year, so we will be headed east. 

The Fall Equinox is this week... another turn of the Wheel. September is also the start of the school year for the Women's Thealogical Institute, which I rejoined. I was an active member while living in Texas, but the move to coastal MS saw me shift many things while acclimating to a lower wage and a slower pace. Beach bum and all that. However, I am mostly a solitary practitioner. And, even with my continued observance of the Wheel of the Year, I felt like I was lacking in like-minded connection. So I rejoined.

When we return home I will have my hand surgery and be out of work until December. I have been working (wearing a brace) since its latest malfunction in May, but it sucks. It hurts. There are multiple issues that will ALL be addressed in a single surgery. The main issue is the TFCC (triangular fibrocartilage complex) tear in my right wrist. The less major issues include joint mice, Chondromalacia, Carpal tunnel syndrome, Cubital tunnel syndrome, and trigger finger.  

That leaves me unemployed for the October and November. Have spent the last week paring down some expenses and getting as ready as I can to be a one-armed person. THere are many things I am looking forward to. I will still be doing my early morning 5-mile walks. I will be participating in my WTI studies. I will observe the sabats with my Coven and the lunars with my Circle. I will begin the spiritual paring down to prepare for the Inward Times as the Wheel turns towards the Deep. I have a few papers I need to type, but have found the "dictate" tool in Word. I am a presenter in a workshop being held in early November (presentation is almost complete!). I am enrolled in the AAPC distance learning certification course (CPC) for professional medical coders.  

As for goals for the month, I have pared those down as well. Weighing myself every day has been an ineffective tool that serves only to make me feel worse about myself. So, I quit. I am still journalling, because writing and speaking and the movement of ideas to words is like breathing for me. And I am still doing my best to be an intentional witch every day, integrating my spiritual beliefs with my day-to-day life.  My goal it being my best self, living a happy and fulfilled life, and walking into each day with grace and ending it with wisdom.  Those two things make me feel better about being in the world, so I kept them. 

May you, too , find what makes you feel better about being in the world, and then do it!

Blessings

chaotic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't