Should I be worried

     Less than 2 weeks into the new year, we got his by lightning. Hit the garage and not the house. We actually saw it strike, which was awesome! Then we discovered that we lost the back outlet in the garage, the control for the hot tub is fried (is powered through the garage), all the fairy lights in the yard popped off of newly frazzled and fried wires. 2 of the surge protectors melted, but saved their appliances. It is currently cold on the coast, which I am not a fan of. 3 weeks left in this term and then I have to really get my ass in gear.

    2021 did not turn out the way I wanted. Covid did not go away, masks are now a fashion accessory, and nothing is looking to change as far as I can tell.

    I started college in August 2020 to get an AAS degree when we determined working remotely was going to be more desirable than killing myself on a clinic floor during a pandemic. A pandemic that seems to have no sight in end at this point, I might add. That will be a few years in the making because the degree takes 2 years and then there is the getting of a coding job and then the OTJ experience in order to work remotely.

    Between Covid ripping through our clinic and techs quitting rather than possibly catching it, I was faced with 2 options. Stay enrolled and plead class every Mon\Weds\Fri or drop out of college to support my clinic. After discussing it, we decided my job was not worth working myself into the ground. Cancer checkups are coming back clear but exhaustion and wearing down my immune system will not keep it that way. And so, I am on target to complete my 2-year Associate’s Degree in Applied Science in 18 months. 

In spite of the BS that is Covid, there were some bright spots in the year. We went to see her folks in early February in North Texas and stayed at a RV park in Lewisville with a lovely lake. Visited the kids in S Central Texas in early April for the grandson’s 2-year birthday. Early May we went to the gem show weekend in Franklin, North Carolina. DEFINITELY going again. Then, mid-June saw us at Paul B. Johnson state park campground again. Love that place. So well set up and maintained. My bestie came for her annual gal pal trip (to stay in our camper) in early August. And, of course, the “Big Trip” was 3 weeks in September. Mid-November, we met some friends at PBJ again for a quick weekend break before the holiday season kicked off. Thanksgiving we had our usual rib-eye and acorn squash with her cranberry chutney. Christmas saw us at a friend’s place early and then our local Chinese buffet.  

January 1, 2022, I made healthy mini (4”) waffles, a friend joined us for coffee and planner prep. After she left we had berry mimosas and lunch over the water at Shaggy’s, then home for a nap. Next, we removed the outside lights earlier than usual because of some weather (meaning high winds) coming our way. Also, we put the tie-downs on the camper. I filed all of my 2021 papers away and prepared for tax season. Also cleared my “to be filed” file and sent a letter to all of my pen pal letters.

Here is to 2022!!

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't