Goodbye May...Hello Summer

 Let me check in as a jumping-off point this month.

1) Blog the 1st of each month: a day early but here I am! "ON TARGET"

2) Maintain an intentional spiritual practice: I was on the road to Franklin, NC during the New Moon. I was home for the Full Moon which was also a total lunar eclipse in Sagittarius. I got to see some shadowing as it started but, between the clouds hanging on the horizon and the Blood Moon dropping below our horizon before the end, I could not see it through totality. Still, we observed it with a fire and circle, complete with conversation amongst friends. Only 2 journal entries (one on 1st, one on 31st) but it really has been quite a busy month. Already set my 2021 Desires grid June stone and placed it outside to charge the addition. All considered, going to mark this one as "ON TARGET"

 3) Lose one pound each month: I weigh the same this time. And, considering the weeklong trip in Franklin and my birthday, I am amazed that is so.  Still, no loss means "NO TARGET".

So...May...WOW! Kicked it off with Beltane. Met a newbie pagan for coffee on the 3rd. Another 6 inches of rain on the 4th...apparently the showers did not end with April. The Dr Strange movie did not appear as planned on May 7th, thanks to Covid19. Rescheduled release is now Mach 25th, 2022. UGH. But Long Beach started up its "First Friday" shows again, and it was terrific. A friend celebrated his birthday with a party on the 8th and it was time well spent with mutual friends.

Mother's Day was spent doing yard and housework...that is what happens when we both work full-time and I am in college full time. Snuck in some cardmaking time as well since I found out I was out of both birthday and sympathy cards. Had the last of the book club meetings on the 10th. I'll see about picking it up again in the fall but right now everyone is way too busy getting back out into the world.

Then we went to Franklin, NC!! Rocks, everywhere! Waterfalls that were gorgeous, and accessible. Gems and minerals everywhere I looked. 3 different major shows (I made it to 2). And, as an added perk, I got to meet an online friend IRL while checking out or of the craft breweries there.

Sadly, a couple of days after our return from our travels Neytiri fell ill. Dr. Hunt worked her in same day but there just was not much he could do as a permanent solution to an underlying health issue we were not aware of. We chose to set her free rather than force her to live with a lifetime of surgeries or medications. She was 8 days past her 4th birthday. Severus is adjusting, but it is going to take some time. Harley misses the calmer kitty, that is evident. Sev can be a bit much on his good days, but right now he is a bit lost.

Planner play was loads of fun and some new faces joined us. Jen is a terrific host. Did more yard work on the 23rd, resulting in a sprained ankle. Oh, what fun. But the yard was SO worth the effort. We even sat out there for an hour and later had lunch on the deck. I love our backyard.... so very peaceful.

And then this week...the total lunar eclipse and then my birthday. Friday we had dinner with friends, and Saturday I celebrated the end of my 54th year by working. Yeah, well... but followed work with dinner and drinks with my bestie.  Sunday was brunch with friends and chocolate martinis. Mercury (my ruling planet) went retrograde the same day as my birthday and won't return direct until June 22nd. I am prepared! Sprained my wrist today but my brain is intact...for now, at least.

Tomorrow kicks off June but, more importantly, it kicks off the last week of my 5th term in college. That means most (if not all?) of my prerequisites have been completed. I am so ready to ditch my algebra class. I love the teacher, but that class has taken up way more time than any other class I have taken to date. I feel like I didn’t attend my Sociology class, honestly.

Looking ahead at June I see my cancer follow-up appointment is on the 8th and then hello Term 6 on June 9th. So freaking excited about both that I am kinda worried about my sanity right now.

Sorted through my mail and now I need to send out some missives to my pen pals. Just sent some mail off to an art card project. As the topic was Dr Who I will sign off as the 10th Doctor always did...                         "Allons-Y"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't