Bird Song

 Wow, March 1st already! I was up early this morning (as is my norm) and so I am listening to the birds as they awake. I have already taken care of all the financial minutiae that must occur on the 1st and 15th monthly. Coffee was been consumed throughout the process. All that is left before I go to my college classes is to check-in on my monthly goals for February and see what March has planned for my time. 

1) Blog the 1st of each month: and look...here I am! "ON TARGET"

2) Maintain an intentional spiritual practice: I observed both the new and full moons with fire and friends. The new moon was on the patio because of the weather. The full moon had different friends and was held outdoors. Wrote five journal entries for the month. I set out my year-long "Desires" grid last night since still under the Virgo full moon energies. "ON TARGET"
          
3) Lose one pound each month: I actually lost just over 3! "ON TARGET"

February started with Imbolc, which is probably my fave sabbat. Simply put, Imbolc is a celebration of the end of winter and the impending light half of the year. I observed it in a quiet ritual at home.
 
We went camping in Texas after Imbolc. Thankfully we went BEFORE all of Texas became a deep freeze &/or saw snow! L got to see her to folks in their new place. I went shopping for a special treat since I managed a 4.0GPA for the 1st 3 terms of college. Full disclosure? I bought 3 treats...one for each term. :-)  And yes, I entered them into my budget keeping. 

Mid-February saw an old friend, one I'd not had contact with since 2015, reach out to say she was back in town. We had coffee the next day and it was a really nice conversation. I have missed having her in my life. I know things happen, people adapt, and life moves on. I am just glad that she has made her way back to Long Beach.  I still have the same job with pretty much the same schedule (since our staff is filling out, FINALLY!). But, with adding college to my days, I am a lot busier now than I was 6+ years ago. Still, it is nice, just hanging out with her. We are meeting again for coffee today.

March holds a true TTS schedule all month for me. That should make my teachers happy as I can attend all my classes! The Spring Equinox falls right in between the New and Full moons, so I have 3 weekends in a row containing rituals in March. That should keep me on target for Goal #2. 

And now I must go find sustenance (and more coffee) before heading to class.  Peace out, peeps.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't