Hello 2021

     Well, 2020 was an odd year, to say the least. And, as this is my first post of 2021, it will be my (typical) goals post. For a retrospective, I went back to 2020 (and 2019) to look at my previous goals. 
My 2020 recap (and my comment on status will be after each): 
#1) Follow my budget to pay off ALL debt by this year's end (I did not succeed in paying it all off, but I got close) 
#2) Create one piece of art each month... an 8x8 canvas, a journal or booklet, a mixed media piece, just something artistic (nope, did not happen) 
#3) Participate in my art group's "Birthday Club" where we send a handmade card and an ATC to those celebrating birthdays (done and done) 
#4) 2020's weekly scrapbook layout challenge over at the Scraptacular Cropping Club (did great up until August, more on that later) 
#5) the Monthly lottery challenge in my ATC Art Group on IO Groups (nope, did not happen) 

     As you know, 2020 had a few hurdles, including a COVID19 Pandemic, social distancing, quarantining, shutdowns, and the like. It also had some terrific times for me, such as a Texas trip to see my grandson and Dad, our annual "big trip" to Grandfather Mountain and parts of SC, NC, KY & TN, and seeing my old friend Dink in GA. Work finally took a step forward in getting rid of an inadequate FA but it took a step back in staff shortages. SKC is currently in flux so I am waiting on the dust to settle to see what happens next. 
     I also decided to earn my college degree... which saw me going to college in August 2020. I am taking two classes every term. That has become a bit of a challenge due to the staffing shortages at work but I am keeping up as best as I can. My 4.0 GPA might take a bit of a hit, but such is life right now. 
     I am still working towards an 800 credit score but Christmas shopping and car repairs saw my score drop from 767 in November to 748 at the end of December. 

     This year I will be, again, setting 5 goals. But they are not art related. Setting goals to do something that I find enjoyable and relaxing (when I have the limited time to do it) seemed counterproductive this year. Instead, I have decided to work on the following goals:
1) Blog the 1st of each month 
          This will help me in staying on track with my goals 
2) Maintain an intentional spiritual practice 
          This is me, wanting to be a better witch. 2020 started out good, then BOOM! pandemic. I quit observing esbats, no more grids, not much journaling, only the sabbats observed, etc. I did maintain my altar, so that is a win. But 2020 was mostly about not feeling like I was in touch with my spiritual self. I miss my regular, intentional connection to the Divine. I plan to observe the lunations and the sabbats, even if just with meditation and journaling. 
3) Lose one pound each month. 
          Yes, this is a small goal. But it is a reasonable goal, and one I feel I can manage. I have started walking with a neighbor on my days off (before my 8am class) and it has been a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be, even with a mask on. This year, I may add a neighbor, who knows. I am trying to get back some control over my health. 2019 and 2020 were not great years for that, what with being diagnosed with cancer then still trying for the "all clear" verdict. 
4) Continue striving for a credit score of 800 
          Which means continuing with paying off debt. Student loans are in deferment until I graduate college. 
5) Continue with my scrapbook 
          This is not the weekly challenge group. I will be just me, doing my own thing, chronologically documenting 2021. She is already working on the 2021 "Big Trip" and it seems like it will be a doozie!

     So, stay tuned, and have a blessed, merriment filled 2021!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't