2 months later...OMG

So, where have I been these last 2 months of not posting? Well...right after my last post we headed to Paul B. Johnson State Park (Hattiesburg area) for our monthly camping getaway. It was just a weekend long, "Go Saturday after work and return Monday" trip but that made no difference in the level of relaxation it afforded us. We went mural spotting in HBurg this time. We find something neat to do no matter where we go. Then in August we headed to Big Lagoon State Park in Florida. Need to get that one in the scrapbook, hopefully before we go on the next one. This month we are heading out on another weekend trip to Percy Quinn with a possible detour to Clark Creek Natural Area. The Clark Creek Natural Area in southwestern Mississippi is one of the Magnolia State's most beautiful outdoor treasures. Comprising more than 700 acres, it is highlighted by some 50 waterfalls, ranging in size 10 to more than 30 feet in height. Creation and protection of this fabulous area came about in 1978 (https://www.mdwfp.com/parks-destinations/state-parks/clark-creek). We are not sure CCNA will be open since it has been closed for the whole C19 BS but it seems likely it will be. Where else has my time gone? College. Yes, I decided to go back to school for 2-year associates degree in applied sciences. Started on August 12th. Oh, and the Census finally for their act together and called me on 8/14. No kidding. I started with them on 8/17, on top of my full-time and part-time jobs and my full-time college. Sheesh!! And that is on top of book club, B.A.C.A., planner group, art nights, and the rest of my life. Just finished the 1st 3 weeks of class. I'm getting into a routine that involves little else except brain stretching, work and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. And occassionally I drive around, knock on doors, and maybe talk to a few folks about how many people live in their homes. So, goal check-in:: #1) Follow my budget in order to pay off ALL debt by this year's end. Going back to school sorta helped because it put the last $2,828.63 into deferrment. And I sold my Llano County land for a sizeable amount and paid off some unsecured debt. Credit score is moving up towards my year end goal. #2) Participate in my art group's "Birthday Club" where we send a handmade card and an ATC to those celebrating birthdays. Done and mailed through September. Only 3 more to go. #3) 2020's weekly scrapbook layout challenge over at the Scraptacular Cropping Club. I have completed through #33. I missed 35 and 36. The last 2 weeks of August were brutal and some things just had to be let go of. #37 posts today at 9am. #4) the Monthly lottery challenge in my ATC Art Group on IO Groups. I won July's theme (Cats). August was Octopus, which I missed unintentionally. Time got away from me. Again, brutal last 2 weeks. September's theme is to be announded today. I have a midterm in each of my 2 classes next week so I am not sure much else will be done this week, honestly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't