Radiologist today...

So, today is my initial meeting with my new radiologist at the Mitchell Cancer Institute in Mobile, Alabama. My appointment with her (Dr Alesyia Outlaw) is at 1pm. While I am there, I also have a follow-up with my oncologist @ 3:45pm. They are in the same building and worked together to make sure I just had to make one trip. I am grateful, really, to the MCI… not that I wanted cancer but they are making this whole ordeal as easy as it can possibly be and I appreciate that.

I am looking at going back to work on the 21st of this month. I have been off since 1/15/31. I already told my boss that when I am released back to work it will be for TTS days only. My schedule before all this was Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. I will have to do some radiation treatments in Mobile and will need to be able to schedule those on my off days and don’t know yet if it will be 2 or 3 times a week.

Also, I am not sure about working a 14-hour day on Monday then coming back to close on Tuesday. The tricky part is that she absolutely SUCKS at making our tech’s floor schedule. That is why I have done it for the last 3 years. Who knows if she will remember I’m fighting cancer, much less my schedule? Sigh. There were several comments from my co-workers about days on the tech schedule that did not even have enough techs scheduled to work the floor some.

My time off has been productive. Didn’t get nearly the things done I had planned to do. My planning pre-surgery did not actually take into account the healing process nor the lack of outward energy during said healing. Also, didn’t realize how painful sitting in a chair was going to be so first couple of weeks I did not get into my art room to do a single thing. So I have not created all the journals and coffee sleeve books I had thought I would. I did not pour paint on a single canvas. Mostly what I did was walk around the room and sort things because walking was more comfortable than anything else. I purged things as well, passing stuff on to new homes.

I did re-sort all my 8 ½ x 11 solid 65# cardstock onto a new shelf so all of it is together now. Also went through my bookcase and sorted my craft books and magazines (aka purged lots of them) onto bottom shelf only. Then I put all my like items together in the same spots on the bookcase. Now I can go to one area and find my 8x8 scrapbooks as well as the papers and embellishments that go with them all on one tidy little shelf. Need to make a card? All the card bases, fronts, etc are all in one area as well.

I sorted my ink pads into 4 small drawers and one rotating carousel (don’t judge). I only kept Stampin’Up, Brilliance, StaZon & ChalkBox sets. I even made an updated index for them. Grin…it made my OCD heart so happy to see that. Then I started on my stencils. They are no longer tossed in one box but are sorted into sleeves in a single large binder. Created an index by brand and printed it for inside the binder and a copy for my “Master Index Binder”. That binder is a sight to see, lemme tell ya. All my stamps, stencils, dies, embossing folders, inks, molds… OMG… all in one binder so I can see what I have. More importantly, I can see where in the hell it is located in my room of stuff. LMAO.

So, I have not been entirely remiss in my art room. I just organized supplies instead of creating art. It will have to do. On the plus side, I did get Thank You cards made for all the helpful folks as I go through this ordeal. And I got all caught up on my scrapbook. During the “Great Purge” I found a lot of sentimental scraps… cartoon strips, notes from folks, some old pics, poems I scribbled and forgot about, etc. I scrapped those items instead of event or travel pictures since I was unable to go anywhere for February. My scrapbook is a year-long project. I start it every year on January 1st and end it on December 31st.

And now, it is time to load up and head to Mobile. This will be my first solo trip, sadly. Usually, my bestie goes but she is on funeral duty today for a dear friend of ours that lost her husband last week ☹.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't