spent Monday shopping & cooking

I miss the Long Beach Rouses, damnit!! Monday I went & got ingredients for a weeks worth of healthy meals, enough to make 2 dinners & 2 leftover lunches. Breakfast is almost always a couple of eggs in some form with guacamole or bacon or some such... no need to shop for that. But I did pick up pesto, feta, black olives, pork chops, chicken, beef, etc.
Monday's dinner was a fantastic Pesto chicken casserole and made enough so there were leftovers for lunch today.
Tonight's dinner (and tomorrow's lunch) was Pork Chops Marinated in Pesto served with broccoli and cauliflower in cheese and small salad.
Wednesday I am off so will cook for 2 days again (Weds & Thurs)... the menu (as of now) is Weds: Pizza night!! Pizza will be wheat free... wow...using eggs and cheese for crust then topping with sun dried tomatoes,fresh tomatoes from the garden, black olives, mozzarella & provolone with some leftover chicken shredded across the top. . And a little oregano and basil from the garden, too. Leftovers for lunch Thursday while I am at work. All I will have to do Thursday is reheat the Garlic Roasted chicken with cauliflower mash I will make Weds (and I'll have extra for lunch Friday). This is not so hard, once ingredients are in the house, LOL.
Also got some good quality ground beef for a Tex-Mex night (thinking Friday and Saturday) with guac, sour cream, olives, etc. Then clearing out any extra leftovers Sunday so can start over next week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't