16 weeks

So, I started a pilot program through my health insurance provider for ppl @ risk of diabetes (I had gestational diabetes in 1986-1987 & am overweight now). It involves a wireless scale that transmits my weight directly via cell signal (so no lying there!) and a phone app to track all my activity, food, etc. How long will this last, you wonder? 16 weeks. So far I have lost 3.6 pounds..I think I can put up with this. It is arranged in a group of 2 dozen ppl one 1 health coach. We are all linked via a chat room/forum board for discussions, support, exchanges, etc. There is no cost for the wireless scale or phone app so the only thing I have to lose is... you guessed it...weight. This is why I signed up for it...that and the fact that I really do not want to end up with diabetes.

Today is a holiday for the BF...we are going to the gym & then goofing off he rest of today. I do have some art-related items to catch up and a few pen pals to write, but that is not really work for me :-) Even though some of the art-related items are for my job @ Michael's I just can't seem to think of that as a "job". And, really, that is how a job should be. If you have to force yourself to get up & go and you are miserable while you are there FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

too damn short staffed at work

What I’m Practicing in 2026 Instead of Hustling

Less "Bonfire in the field", more "Ember in the hand"