I PASSED!! I PASSED!!!!

so, for those of you that have been following along... I fell off the faceof the earth (or at least online & MS Gulf Coast area) to study for my CCHT. that is the National exam board that I am required to pass in order to remain gainfully employed as a PCT (Patient Care Technician) in any state. Currently I am employed in the state of Louisiana as a PCT but there is an eighteen month window from the time I graduated (July 2012) to when I must pass the exam. Otherwise, I would have to find other work. Not what I wanted to do so I studied. And I did practice exams. And I studied. And I studied some more. And I PASSED it yesterday! My chosen test sight was Metarie, LA. My reasoning behind that was that it is right around the corner from New Orleans and I was needing a French Quarter fix. What better way to celebrate passing the CCHT (Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician) board than with coffee & beignets at Cafe du Monde with my BF?!? Strolled around the frech Quarter, shopped some, strolled around Chartres, St Peters, Royal, went to the Pepper Palace, stopped in some really cool and unique shops, walked around Jackson Square (still one of my favorite spots in the whole of New Orleans), basking in the glow of my employability. I know, not a word, but still. I can now be employed as a CCHT anywhere in the nation.. how exciting is that? A job that goes whereever I go? No more small "mom & pop" employers that lock me into one location. If I want to move, I simply find a dialysis center that needs a tech and I move. Wow. How freaking cool is that? Anyway, that is where I have been the last 2 weeks. Am hoping that things will get back on a level keel and I can return to my TTS or MWF only weeks, make some cards, walk on the beach, hang out with friends, get back to my routine, boring as it might be to some. And, I know it is the Lenten season, but ... "Hallelujah"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't