So, 1 week into a very hot & humid July.... and I STILL love it here! Worked 6am-2pm yesterday then hit the beach with my Nook. Sat close enough to the tide line to have the water lap at my toes. :-) Stayed for about 90 minutes, watching a couple of hermit crabs and a tiny little jellyfish playing in the waves. idn't see any stingrays, but that was probably because there were a LOT of people in the water, trying to keep cool and enjoy the Saturday heat as best possible.
Walked down to the beach Weds evening to watch the fireworks displays of Long Beach, Gulfport & Biloxi. Got to see a lot of other individual ones as well. And, for all their beauty (and in spite of all the noise) they still were not as awe-inspiring as the moonrise that occurred at the same time. The moon rose, seemingly up from the ocean itself, a deep reddish orange. Then she hid behind a few sparse clouds for a minute or two, only to boldly re-emerge and assert herself amongst the bright fireworks, rising mightly into the night sky. What an sight it was.
too damn short staffed at work
the title is also my reason for not posting in a month.. .geez!! I am working in a field where the average worrk week is SUPPOSED to be 3 days... try FIVE. and when those days are anywhere from 11-15 hours, you dont really wnat to work them all in a row... not even back to back. Yet, that is what we are currently having to do. We are short 2 technicians... one transferred to a unit closer to home, the other moved out of state when spouse was transferred due to job. ARGH. so, rather than complain, I will share with you a response to one of my art groups where the question was posed "HOw do you store your paper?" And, if you know me (why else are you reading this?) then you know that I have a somewhat serious paper addiction. No, I do not want help with it or a 12 step program. I am well aware of my addiction to paper and I embrace it! LOL Here you go:: I am a tad OCD in my paper habit... argh. I store 12x12s in the IRIS scrapper containers on wheels...there are 6 clos...
Comments