4 months or 5 weeks (aka Drama or Trauma)

So...for those of you following the DRAMA side of things, it was 4 months ago that my S.O. lied about having a doctor's appointment in order to stay at home & pack/move out of our home in the middle of the day, knowing I was at work & Rebel was in class. Sneaky? yes. Deceitful? most assuredly. Devastating? not in the least. Although feeling injured & betrayed in the beginning, I have grown into a liberated individual (or I finally outgrew being responsible-ie:covering up for another?). Left to my own devices rather ABRUPTLY and under duress, I still managed to keep the roof over all our heads for the month it took to rehome a dozen plus rescues (I kept 3 cats, Rebel kept 1 dog) and myself & my adult child. Also during this process, I got real clear about what IS and is NOT important when it comes to things owned. I gave away one of my cars to a dear woman in need. She had helped me when I needed it... and I had a spare vehicle when she needed it. What comes around, goes around. Karma, plain & simple. I have become Goodwill's best buddy while sifting and sorting my storage unit and donating things I find no longer worthy of a monthly storage bill. And I am free to be myself and not feel stalked or cloned or cloyed. The END of drama feels so much more uplifting than I ever would have thought possible.

or...if you have been following the TRAUMA side of things, I am healing quite well. Most of that can be blamed on 1 or more of the following:
(A) My TCM practicioner's quick response. As soon as I got home from the hospital, her ready herb cabinet helped bruises, scrapes, stitched-up spots & even fractures heal rapidly. Who knew dirt from the Yunnan Province of China could be so tasty?
(B) My surgeon, who (less than 36 hours after I was run over by a Mitsu Monterro) put the 2 disjointed parts of my thumb back together & then back where it belonged.
(C) My new lifestyle. Having lightened up my load, as it were, of responsibilities (see DRAMA, above), I have more time to dedicate to myself, namely getting better. I have chiropractic twice weekly, physical therapy twice weekly, walks daily, and 9-10 hours of rest nightly. I'd say sleep, but you try sleeping with pins sticking out of you.

According to my surgeon, he is done with me. :-) Due to my rapid rate of healing, he removed the pins at 4 weeks instead of 6 (see Item A, above). And, he forecasts complete range of movement by week 8 (Dec 21st, the Winter Solstice). Aggressive PT has begun so I have great hopes that he proves correct.

So, there it is! Blessing of the deep season to all of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't