in light of today's events...

The Native American Prayer of Peace

Oh Great Spirit, this is my prayer:
Help me to feel thine urge and thy message.
Help me to be just and at all times help me be kind.

If my brothers and sisters are weak and faltering, help me to the good thoughts, and show me the way that I may help them. Move me so that I may find a way to help all those who are in need.

Oh Great Spirit, I pray for your blessing.
I pray that you bring peace to all my brothers and sisters of this world.
I pray that you give us the knowledge to live as brothers and sisters and to love one another.

Oh Great Spirit of our ancestors,
I raise my pipe to you,
To your messengers the four winds,
And to Mother Earth who provides for your children.
Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love, to respect, and to be kind to each other, so that they may grow with peace in mind.
Let us learn to share all the good things that you provide for us on this earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't