great day w/HLA!

well, I don't know how YOU spent the 4th of July... we spent it watering the lawn! And organizing "The Library". Pictures to follow. But today-- today is the most important part of this holiday! We got to meet up with Claudia, Cheryl & Katie from HighLowAha!! Met for lunch at Guero's then headed on over to (news to me) is an Austin icon... Mr. Cupcake. Imagine an Airsteam with a huge cupcake mounted on top dispensing hand size balls of delicious sticky heaven and you'll be close.

Then, we scooted up to N Austin (and boy do I mean NORTH!!) and picked up a GENEROUS donation to the Austin RCG lending library. This is something that we've been trying to get up & running for a while now & it is finally coming together. Ellen kindly doanted several bookcases as well as books, as has Pammyla. Books have been coming in from all over and- with DQ's donation- we will have a right proper library by the end of this month!!

You see, we had ot get ours up & ready first...the dangling carrot, so to speak. We started out well-intentioned but, as we got busy, we got behind. You know how that goes, I am sure. SOOO! Yesterday we sorted & labelled & catalogued EVERY SINGLE BOOK in our personal library. That means just over 600 books, by the way. Now you see why it took a day to do. whew!

Comments

Cheryl Houston said…
I'm so glad we were able to meet up! It was so much fun to be able to put a face and body to so many comments!! :)

Thanks for your loyal participation at HLA.

Popular posts from this blog

too damn short staffed at work

What I’m Practicing in 2026 Instead of Hustling

Control the Story, Control the Power