Love remains The Same

Well, this was actually Tuesday's song, but now it is Wednesday and I am just getting back to blogging. I SO admire the people that can blog EVERY FREAKIN' DAY! I do good to get the song in my head out onto paper/web/whatevr before I lose them, much less post here EVERY day! I have some neat stuff in the works... teaching another AB (altered book) class Friday March 13th. Art Day is Saturday March 14th. This Saturday I will be visiting my parental units which is always an interesting time.

Update on the Bastrop fire, for those keeping up... Officials are calling it one of the worst fires ever to strike Bastrop County. The wildfire charred more than 1,200 acres of land, destroyed 28 homes and displaced hundreds of residents.The blaze began at around 12:30 p.m. Saturday and continued well into Sunday. Though conditions improved from day one to day two, the situation remains precarious as the fire is not yet out. As of Sunday evening, the fire was 70 percent contained. And fortunately for firefighters, wind speeds dropped to 20 mph, from 40 mph Saturday, and some of the smoke had cleared out. . The Bastrop County Sheriff's Office said the fire was likely the result of a fallen power line. But, the combination of the current drought, high speed winds, low humidity and an area with a high concentration of timber contributed to the immensity of the wildfire.

Prayers for rain in the Central Texas area are greatly encouraged. The drought has been severe. Also, prayers for the endangered Houston Toad, whose last habitat is the Piney Woods in Bastrop.

Comments

great song - did you hear this on your way somewhere - that is usually when I catch something and I try to remember it too and it slips away till the nest time.
I've heard this song on the radio before - not seen all the words. it's a good one.
thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't