Woman Who Follows her Heart helps lead others to theirs

Kim Duckett

This is Kim Duckett, who opened the June 2007 Saturday conference @ the Feminist Hullabaloo with a beautiful ritual which included powerful drumming and dancing in a ceremony which included a dancer metaphorically releasing women’s oppressions, batterings, and abuses into a cauldron to be burned away. She spoke of these times in which we are living as times of “quickening,” urging us to recognize the way, as women, we are connected by our experiences, by our love and passion for each other, and feminism. Describing her own feminism as her spirituality, she said that the Feminist Hullaballoo was a gathering of transformation, but that we are the transformation.

“I am a radical feminist. I am a radical Lesbian Feminist. I blossomed as a lesbian feminist in the 1970s. And I remain and continue and will die a lesbian feminist. It is just who and what I am and why I’m here, no matter how it is expressed; for example, my early activism regarding rape and violence against wimmin, or teaching women’s studies in university for 28 years, or in my work as Ritualist, Priestess and shamanic psychologist. “I serve Womankind/ Her/ Femaleness/ The Life Force. And I am honored to be part of this grand gathering, to give thanks to my incredible radical feminist foremothers and cohorts, and to ensure the continuance of our Kind into the Future.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't