6 yr anniversary of fire



6 years ago today, right around 5:30pm CDST, I arrived home to my apartment in San Marcos to discover I had company... the SM Fire Department. Not what you want to see when you drive into your apartment complex. ESPECIALLY when you wind back around to your unit to see that is the building that is in flames. Sneakers (Goddess rest her soul) was in the apartment at the time... the firemen could not get her out because she was so terrified she was under my bed in the very far back corner. On the plus siode, she was protected from the smoke by 1)being so low to the ground, and 2)being closed in by the storage boxes placed all the way around underneath the bed. Seems is made it a smoke free area, and she was safely in my arms about 20 minutes after I arrived on the scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't