2 Places I will not go to in Austin

As many of you know, I serve on several community committees throughout the year. It does not cost me to be a part of the various activities, other than a cup of coffee or dinner, and I get to meet fascinating people & give back to the community I choose to live in. However, last night, it cost me.... and because it did, I will not longer attend anything that takes place on the corner of S 1st Street and W Oltorf, regardless of the reason.... read on...

Step by Step School Dance {512/444-6522 located at 529 W Oltorf St @ S 1st Street) and the
Green Muse Coffeehouse (512/912-7789 Located behind Ace Cash or some such at 519 W Oltorf and South First). Why do I recommend NOT doing business with these 2 places? Because apparently they are at war over their parking spots. Last night, even tho I parked by a car that was parked perpendicular across the marked parking space, my car got towed because I was properly situated in the space FACING THE DANCE STUDIO. If my door would have been facing the building (like the illegally parked car) I would not have been towed. I got out of my vehicle @ 7:08pm (dance studio was CLOSED) and the time on my tow receipt was 7:17pm. So, less than 10 minutes after parking my car to walk inside & see if I was at the right place (the signs for the Green Muse not being clearly evident), my car was already hooked up on the tow truck's dollie & some "wet behind the ears" male was saying "Cash or tow?" The sign on the wrecker door said Assured Towing. Now, while I wont ever be calling them for a tow, I do know they are only doing there job, as they are PAID TO DO by Step by Step...that is what my receipt said. Tow authorized by "Step by Step" s as per their standing agreement with Assured Towing ... who gets a percentage of all monies paid for vehicles towed from that lot...did you know that?

sigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

too damn short staffed at work

What I’m Practicing in 2026 Instead of Hustling

Quiet Opening — and a Notice Given