goodbye to yet another Friend

"If Tears Could Build a Stairway"

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane,
I would walk right up to Heaven and bring you back again.
No farewell words were spoken, no time to say "goodbye".
You were gone before I knew it, and only goddess knows why.
My heart still aches with sadness, and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you, no one can ever know.
But now I know you want me to mourn for you no more;
to remember all the happy times, life still has much in store.
Since you'll never be forgotten, I pledge to you today-
A hallowed place within my heart is where you'll always stay.

Well, so long to another friend... Jeannie J passed 11/24/06 as a result of a motorcycle wreck.... but it would have been how she'd have wanted to go, I think. The memorial service was Sunday 11/26 at ARC and it was just wonderful. The room was filled to overflowing and many reassuring, reaffirming things were said during it. And now, for me & everyone else...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

The Trip That Wasn't