103 days ago.. and now 20 days left

Well, life has certainly not been boring since we returned from the Total Eclipse trip!! Tori's eye has healed, thankfully. Has had no further issues with the uveitis, which we were told might reoccur as it is an inflammation, not an infection. Binx & Tres are still coming by regularly for kibble and pate. Sadly, Midnight injured his ACL and ended up having to surgically repair it ($2500!!) but is now in his 2nd week post-op and recovering nicely. Hard to keep him on "bed rest" as he is still quite active, in spite of coming up on 9 years of age. 

My health has significantly improved, likely due to reduced stress and better sleep. I completed all my annual check-ups, and everything is as expected. Working freight at my job has also given me some strength training, which is a nice bonus. Thankfully, none of last year's issues have returned! All tests, including Hem/Onc, came back with great results—no diseases, including connective tissue disease, and no genetic predisposition for what happened. My doctor attributes that "event" to the COVID vaccine I had to get for my previous job, which frustrates me. The only lingering issue is decreased eyesight in my right eye, where the brain bleed occurred.

Her knee (2nd) replacement was the beginning of May, and while she has not healed as fast as SHE had planned (or as fast as her 1st one), her surgeon said she is the poster child for how to do PT successfully. Let's hope Midnight follows his mommy's example. 

My transfer from Biloxi to Gulfport finally came through, though it was two months later than promised. I've been busy at the new store and am really enjoying it. I find that actually being busy is much easier than trying to act busy. After we return from the "BT" (Big Trip), I'll decide on my next steps. The biggest perk of this job is the lack of stress, followed closely by the reasonable hours. Now, I get up at 6 am and go to bed at 10 pm, like normal people. No more 3:30 am shifts, working until 5 or 6 pm, and being in bed by 8 pm for the next day's shift. Even if I open or close, I'm still home at a reasonable hour. Retail definitely beats dialysis in that regard.

Today, I spent time in my workroom. I had both yesterday and today off after working 15 days straight. Yesterday was dedicated to art, reading, shopping for school supplies for my annual donation drive, making dinner, and relaxing. Today, I meal prepped for next week, played with the vacuum sealer, made breakfast, and sorted all the papers from the start of this year into their respective folders in the file cabinet. I celebrated that sense of accomplishment by doing a page in my art journal. Now, I'm off to the kitchen to see what I can rustle up for dinner.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Violet

Saturday, in the park....