Financial update & a GREAT IDEA!!

So, I have been asked if I have insurance and why (if I do) it isn’t paying my medical bills. I DO have insurance. Since I have never needed to use insurance (I am on no medications, no health issues, etc) I chose to go with the High Deductible Health Savings Account. That means that Cigna (my provider) does not pay ANYTHING until I hit my yearly deductible of $2100. At that point, they will start kicking in 80% and I pay 20% instead of 100%. When I hit my yearly “Out of Pocket” maximum of $5200, they will cover everything at 100%. Since I figure the only reason I would ever need to use it would be “catastrophic”, that makes sense. What I did not take into account was getting a cancer diagnosis the last 3 weeks of 2018 and then starting all over with all the costs associated with that in 2019. So far, this is where I stand:
__________________2019..............................2018
Total Billed..............$3,883.60...............$3,020.20
Total that my Plan Paid.......$0.00.................$447.89 (Mammograms covered 100%)
Total I actually owe......$1,623.46........+......$1,518.90....=...................$3142.36

So, from 12/12/18 to the day before surgery I actually owe $3,142.36. The difference between Billed & Owed is because Drs adjust bills per their agreements with Cigna. On the bright side, for 2019 I am only $465.61 away from meeting the $2100 deductible and Cigna will start kicking in. And that will be my surgery bill. So yes, when asked by my Scentsy Consultant Alivia Reno if I was okay with her starting a fundraiser for my medical bills using a product I already use and LOVE, I agreed. GO HERE to order Scentsy products from Alivia Reno and support me in the process. They have a wide arrange of awesomely scented products & warmers, Disney-themed items, laundry cleaners and dryer scents, fabric softeners, even a bath & skin care line, items for kids, and lots of great gift ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yooper Trip 2025

Upcoming Card Class Nov 18th!

and soon, the Summer Solstice