Hello 2019!!

First let me start off the year by wishing everyone a bountiful, joy-full and ART-full year.

Second, I have just reread my goal list from 2018 and, of the 5 goals, I met 3.
1) the #52in52 scrapbook pages challenge
2) the Mission Inspiration monthly art journaling challenge
3) my art group's "Birthday Club" where we send a handmade item to those celebrating birthdays
I quit the planner group with good reason (drama then NO activity AT ALL sigh) so #4 (posting weekly in planner group) was not met. No real reason for not meeting #5 (blog weekly) except to say that I live a sorta boring life and just never really felt the need to post boring things for Y'all.

That brings me to 2019 in which I have a health issue that is going to need to be dealt with (sooner the better). Therefore I am trying to allow more time to just BE and relax and heal. I have things I am wanting to do but they are not set in stone type of things. My word for the year is FLEXIBLE.

Anyways, 2019 goals (drum roll please) (NO, really.. I will wait) ok!

#1) participating in my art group's "Birthday Club" where we send a handmade item to those celebrating birthdays.
#2) 2019's weekly scrapbook layout challenge over at the Scraptacular Cropping Club
#3) the 52 Weeks Being Me challenge over at the Words of Me Project
#4) the Monthly lottery challenge in my ATC Art Group on IO Groups
#5) follow my budget and pay off my ALL debt by this year's end


I have already set up my 2019 Happy Planner to assist me with my follow through on my goals as well as the usual: work, PT gig, appointments (gonna be lots of those this month), birthdays, bill paying, travel, meetings and the like.

I am also setting my sights on acquiring a bookbinding machine. I have to old school book press with the clothes and stuff for making my own paper and glue binding my own books but it is a time-consuming process. I am looking for a spiral or coil binding system that is both inexpensive and easy to use. Making more journals and mini-books os on my "want to do" list this year. Last year was a washout for that particular form of art. :-(

Along the lines of "flexible", I may continue the Mission Inspiration monthly art journaling challenges that Mike Deakin posts. I have really enjoyed doing them but sometimes it was a race to beat the deadline. This year I am leaving it off the GOALS list because I don't want to be stressed about making art. And, if a particular challenge doesn't float my boat I can skip it without freakin' out over missing one. On a side note: the journal I started using for mixed media art challenges is now full with 2016, 2017 & 2018. I will need to start a new one if I decide to continue this year. I am thinking that Goal #3 will have enough reason to do some MMA that a full-on journal page will not be called for.

So, off and running into the New Year I go!
Best wishes to you all.

chaotic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

too damn short staffed at work

What I’m Practicing in 2026 Instead of Hustling

Less "Bonfire in the field", more "Ember in the hand"