This is where I post my greeting cards, my animal companions, random pictures I take around the coastal area... who knows! Stop in, see what the post of the day holds for you. Blessings! chaotic
My 1st workshop!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
So, a short day at work Friday because I will be heading off to set up my 1st ever workshop!! I am excited & a bit nervous. So this card is a reminder to me that it will all be as it is meant to be!
the title is also my reason for not posting in a month.. .geez!! I am working in a field where the average worrk week is SUPPOSED to be 3 days... try FIVE. and when those days are anywhere from 11-15 hours, you dont really wnat to work them all in a row... not even back to back. Yet, that is what we are currently having to do. We are short 2 technicians... one transferred to a unit closer to home, the other moved out of state when spouse was transferred due to job. ARGH. so, rather than complain, I will share with you a response to one of my art groups where the question was posed "HOw do you store your paper?" And, if you know me (why else are you reading this?) then you know that I have a somewhat serious paper addiction. No, I do not want help with it or a 12 step program. I am well aware of my addiction to paper and I embrace it! LOL Here you go:: I am a tad OCD in my paper habit... argh. I store 12x12s in the IRIS scrapper containers on wheels...there are 6 clos...
I’m not replacing hustle with another aesthetic version of productivity. I’m not optimizing my rest or monetizing my healing. What I’m doing in 2026 is practicing—slowly, imperfectly—ways of living that don’t require me to be in constant pursuit mode. Here’s what that looks like right now. I’m practicing pace. Letting things take the time they take. Leaving margin. Choosing “not yet” more often than “push through.” I’m practicing embodied yeses and noes. Listening to my body before my calendar. Noticing where tension appears when I agree to something—and honoring that information. I’m practicing enoughness. Stopping at “good and sufficient” instead of polishing myself into exhaustion. Letting “done” be a form of care. I’m practicing work that doesn’t hurt me. Not pain-free, not perfect—but work that doesn’t demand constant self-betrayal as the price of admission. I’m practicing creativity as nourishment. Writing, journaling, making, and mending without asking whether i...
Last week, we watched the tide turn. I’m not celebrating Charlie Kirk’s death, but I’m not mourning it either. We can hold two truths at once: sadly, assassinations are happening at all, and also that Kirk died on the altar he built. The right wasted no time blaming the “radical left” before there was even a suspect. And now that evidence shows the shooter was a far-right Nick Fuentes follower—the “your body my choice” guy—it doesn’t matter. What matters is the story they spin. And that story is already being weaponized to go after free speech, opposition, the press, and the right to assemble. The timing couldn’t be better for them. MAGA was splintering over the Epstein files, and even Kirk was veering off script about Epstein and Israel. Now his death stitches the party back together, and his huge following and network slide neatly into Trump’s pocket. Proof? JD Vance literally hosted Kirk’s podcast from his office the very next day. And the fact it all went down the day befor...
Comments